The Inferior Asphalt Shingle
Most people rely on asphalt shingle roofs because they are the most widely used type of roof in North America. However, just because asphalt shingle roofs are popular doesn’t mean that they are the best option. Here at Hippo Roofing Company, we have constructed a metal roof that is the same price as your average asphalt shingle roof, and it is much more durable and dependable.
Our roofing contractors in Melbourne will install your new metal DefenderRoof with a lifetime guarantee, and you’ll never have to worry about your roof deteriorating over time again.
At Hippo Roofing, we believe that asphalt shingle roofs are inferior and here’s why:
- Asphalt shingles can be easily damaged by high winds and small critters that can get up onto your roof. Most shingle roofs can only withstand winds 110 mph, while metal roofs can handle winds up to 140 mph or higher.
- Asphalt shingles tend to perform better in cooler climates, making them less practical for our local Melbourne, Florida residents. All that heat and moisture can make asphalt shingles curl, crack, and fall apart, which leaves them exposed to roof failure.
- Maintenance is required in order to make sure shingles are not detaching or deteriorating. With a metal roof, you can virtually set it and forget it.
- Asphalt shingles are not environmentally friendly. The shingles are made from petroleum and the manufacturing waste emits greenhouse gases.
- Asphalt shingle roofs lose their color over time and their appearance fades.
- Your average asphalt shingle roof will need to be replaced every 20 years. A metal Roof will last up to 60 years.
Roofing Contractors in Melbourne That You Can Trust
If you’re looking for a new roof and you’re tired of the problems that asphalt shingles have caused you, call us here at Hippo Roofing. We would love to talk with you about your metal roofing options and how it will improve the look of your home and the durability of your roof.